Has your account with Brinks Home Security not lived up to expectations? Are you trying to cancel your account but facing difficulties?
Let’s go over your options to cancel your account with Brinks Home Security. Whether you are having trouble with Brinks customer service, you have canceled already but now you are being overcharged, or you are owed a refund, we can help.
Brinks Home Security cancellation policy
The terms and conditions for Brinks Home Security stipulates that you can unsubscribe from your warranty or cancel your service with Brinks Home Security at any time. When you sign up however you sign up for a minimum of 12 months. You may cancel within that 12 months if you haven’t used your warranty. When you cancel you will be charged.
Steps to Cancel Your Account with Brinks Home Security
When you want to cancel, you have to call customer service at 800-447-9239.
- Customer service will explain the steps for canceling your account. This is a great chance to ask about any fees associated with canceling your account as well.
- They will send you a DocuSign page which explains the cancellation procedures, a 30-day cancellation process. This document will also include information on your final bill. You have to follow the instructions on-screen to go through and digitally sign this document. You have seven days to open the link & this document digitally. If you fail to do so within seven days, you will have to call customer service and ask them to send you a new one.
- Click “review document”
- Agree to use electronic signatures for cancellation
- Click “continue”
- Complete the open forum
- Click “sign”
- Click “adopt and sign”
- Click “finish”
- Once you sign that page you will receive your cancellation document via email within 24 business hours. If you don’t get the email, call customer service again after you have checked your junk or spam folder.
How long until my account is closed?
After you sign the digital document and receive confirmation, your account will automatically close 30 days from the date that signed document is received by Brinks Home Security. You will still have to pay any uncollected balances if you have a contract.
Common Disputes and Complaints when Cancelling with Brinks
Customer complaints against Brinks and disputes are many. Of the disputes and complaints filed with organizations like the Better Business Bureau and FairShake, many have to do with billing issues or account closure problems.
- For example, some customers complained about issues canceling their account. The company made it very difficult for them to cancel their account and it may have taken a little bit longer than the customer wanted.
- In other situations customers have lodged complaints against the organization for overcharging them at the time they canceled their account. In some cases customer service is made aware of this error and says that they will give a refund, but then there are problems getting that refund.
- Other customers were simply unaware that their account had an early termination fee when they signed up for the service. This can be incredibly frustrating especially when you don’t realize the bill is coming.
Fees Associated with Cancellation
The terms and conditions say you have to pay 80% of your monthly service costs for the remainder of time left on your first term. This means your account is usually under contract, and if you cancel before that contract is over, you will have to pay 80% of what remains.
What to do If You Are Unable to Cancel or Get Hit With Unnecessary Fees
A lot of customers are curious about Lawsuits against Brinks, or are wondering How to Sue Brinks.
If you have tried to cancel your account with Brinks Home Security and customer service has made it particularly difficult, they overcharged you after you close your account, or you haven’t gotten the refund you were promised, let us know…