Compiled from Public Data by FairShake
The US government’s Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) collects complaints against financial companies.
In 2016, the CFPB received 979 complaints against USAA. USAA ranked Number 28 among all financial companies for the most complaints.
Date of Complaint: August 10, 2016
Company Official Name: UNITED SERVICES AUTOMOBILE ASSOCIATION
Sub-Product: VA mortgage
Issue: Application, originator, mortgage broker
XXXX XXXX XXXX # XXXX Originator XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX # XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX # XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX # XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX # XXXX XXXX XXXX USAA ID # XXXX Complaint 1 1 ) USAA XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX number XXXX purposely and willfully deceived me by committing to a 30 Year Fixed mortgage on my property located at XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX CT XXXX then recanting her decision by having XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX state on XXXX XXXX 2016 & quot ; Due to rental losses we are not able to secure an approval & quot ; Fearing total incompetence on USAA & # XXXX ; XXXX part I asked for an email outlining what stipulations were required for a ” clear to close ” or final approval. In an Email Dated XXXX XXXX, 2016, @ XXXX pm XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX number XXXX committed to this mortgage from her business email address by stating the e-mail below contains the stipulations required to obtain cleared to close on your refinance application.
1. Final Inspection of XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX — I have spoken with the appraiser and requested the final inspection be completed and provided back to USAA directly for review. The appraiser will be contacting you directly to set up a time and confirm all repairs are complete.
2. You have advised that the necessary assets for your closing costs will be in your USAA account by XXXX/XXXX/16 from your employer. Once this is complete we will pull new bank statements. Please take note if there are any large deposits that are non-payroll related we may need to source their origin.
3. Please provide the termite inspection for the property upon completion.
Please ensure to provide all pages including the invoice and if the inspection indicates that treatment or repairs are needed that will need to be addressed prior to final loan approval.
4. USAA has ordered the payoff statements for the XXXX liens that will be paid off, XXXX XXXX has advised their turnaround time on delivery is 5 business days.
5. I will be contacting XXXX County Tax assessor to confirm that the taxes have been paid in full, when I spoke with their representative today they stated they were still marked as unpaid in their system but they were aware that they are ‘bank paid ‘ and they should be received and system updated by Monday.
This email was also sent to the business email of supervisory staff XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX, XXXX XXXX XXXX Identifier # XXXX and XXXX XXXX # XXXX.
Thru their negligence and refusal to correct XXXX XXXX & # XXXX ; XXXX statement they endorsed her statement.
All these stipulations were completed by XXXX XXXX 2016 and as promised should have given a clear to close.
Complaint # 2 I was willfully deceived by XXXX XXXX XXXX # XXXX. In a verbal conversation XXXX .
XXXX stated tax returns were not needed in this refinance. The loan closing was delayed then denied for in part information on the tax returns.
The decision to device me during the application process prevented me from seeking other options including FHA, or XXXX XXXX refinancing.
After applying for the loan, offering my intent to proceed, and having a processor assigned I attempted to submit my tax returns. The original loan processor assigned by USAA XXXX XXXX XXXX he started a conversation on or about XXXX XXXX, 2016, I stated this deal is ” stalling and that no one is working on it ”, XXXX asked why I felt that way and I informed him that USAA has not requested the proof of income, his reply was ” USAA uses a streamlined process and tax returns are not needed ”.
Although hesitant to accept this answer I did because USAA had a signed IRS form XXXX. I had brought this up throughout the process.
Complaint # 3 USAA, through negligence did not advance the loan application until being forced I attempted to make contact with XXXX XXXX XXXX several times and received no callb
Response Type: Closed with explanation
Company believes it acted appropriately as authorized by contract or law
FairShake accessed this complaint from the public archives of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). You can file your own complaint with the CFPB here.