We’ve all dealt with apps that make it extremely difficult to cancel a subscription service. It is especially frustrating when you think you’ve successfully cancelled a service and yet, when you review your statement, you still see a charge. How can you remove HBO Now? We explain…
Adding an app can be done with relative ease, but cancelling it raises a host of other issues. Although this process should be easy, customers end up having to jump through hoops to get what they want. In this article, we’ll explain how to cancel your HBO Now subscription and how we can help if you run into any issues.
HBO Now is supported through IOS devices, Androids, and Desktops. It also supported through a variety of other platforms. In order to cancel your subscription from the app, you must complete the cancellation steps on the HBO Now desktop site. Trying the cancellation steps on your phone or tablet will not cancel the plan.
In order to cancel your HBO Now through a Desktop:
- The first thing you should do is figure out is through what provider you signed up for service.
- Sign in to HBONow.com.
- Click Settings in the upper right corner.
- Click Billing Information.
- A new screen opens and will say “Your HBO Now subscription is billed through X.”
In order to cancel your HBO Now through the App:
- Open the HBO Now app.
- Click on the menu on the upper left corner.
- Click on settings, which is at the very bottom of the menu list.
- From settings pick billing information.
- A new screen will open that says “Your HBO Now subscription is billed through X.”
In order to cancel your HBO Now through HBO Now’s website:
- Sign into HBO Now.
- Go to settings, then billing information.
- Switch the auto-renew switch and confirm the change.
- It will tell you the last date your service is in effect.
In order to cancel your HBO Now through Amazon Appstore:
- Go to Appstore Subscriptions and sign in to your Amazon account (if imprompted).
- Find HBO Now in the Your Subscriptions section, and turn off auto-renewal.
In order to cancel your HBO Now through Prime Video Channels:
- Go to Prime Video Channels and sign in to your Amazon account (if prompted).
- Find HBO in the Prime Video Channels section.
- Choose the Cancel Channel option and confirm.
In order to cancel your HBO Now through Consolidated Communications:
Complete the Contact Us form at consolidated.com/contact-us or call Consolidated Communications. You can also use chat at inichat.consolidated.com.
In order to cancel your HBO Now through Google Fiber:
To make changes to your account, sign in at fiber.google.com. You can also call 866-777-7550 to talk to a representative.
In order to cancel your HBO Now through Hulu:
- Go to hulu.com/account and sign in to your Hulu account.
- In the Your Subscription section, find Add-ons and then choose Manage Add-ons.
- Find HBO and toggle the checkmark to an X.
- Confirm your changes by choosing Review Changes.
In order to cancel your HBO Now through Liberty:
Call at 787-355-3535 to talk to a Liberty representative.
In order to cancel your HBO Now through North State:
- Go to northstate.net and sign in to your account, then go to My Services and remove your HBO NOW subscription.
- You can also call 336-886-3600 or 866-542-5900 to talk to a representative.
In order to cancel your HBO Now through Optimum:
- To request a cancellation, go to optimum.net/support/contact-us and choose Chat now.
- You can also call 866-218-3259 to talk to a Optimum representative.
In order to cancel your HBO Now through Samsun:
- Go to payton.tv and sign in to your Samsun account.
- From the Purchase History menu, choose Subscriptions.
- Find your HBO NOW subscription and then choose Unsubscribe.
In order to cancel your HBO Now through Optimum:
To find out how to cancel from your Samsung TV, go to Samsung TV: Cancel a subscription
In order to cancel your HBO Now through Service Electric:
Call 877-955-7328 to talk to Service Electric representative.
In order to cancel your HBO Now through Verizon:
Sign in at Verizon.com/myverizon to make changes to your auto-pay services. You can also call Verizon at 800-VERIZON (800-837-4966).
You should note that the subscription automatically renews each month unless you cancel. To avoid being charged for the next month, it’s best to cancel 1-2 days before your next billing cycle begins. If you cancel mid-month, you can continue streaming until the end of your monthly billing cycle.
Here are some common issues that come up when customers try to cancel their subscription:
Problem: Many customers complain that their membership status still indicates it’s active even after the customers have cancelled.
Possible Solution: Refresh the page! This should update this issue. The cancellation date should appear on the landing page.
Contact Them. If you are still running into issues with cancelling your HBO Now subscription, it may be worthwhile contacting customer service.
If you are still running into issues with cancelling your membership, or if they are giving you a hard time and you simply don’t know how to repair this issue, tell us about it below.