You have legal rights with Optimum Collections

Get Optimum by Altice Collections to Fix Your Credit Report

Problem with Optimum Collections? If they made a mistake with your credit report or used bad collections techniques, you have legal rights. We explore those rights. 

Federal law protects you from a collections department reporting inaccurate or unsupported items on your credit report. If a company like Optimum becomes aware that they reported incorrect information to a credit bureau (like Experian, Equifax, or TransUnion) they must inform the credit bureau.

If you think that Optimum’s Collections Department should remove a negative item from your credit report, here’s how to request it:


Contact the Optimum Collections Department:

Under federal regulations, you can dispute your credit report directly with Optimum. To submit the dispute, send a letter containing your identifying information (account numbers are best), a description of the dispute, and any supporting evidence to the Optimum Collections Department at the address they provide on your credit report (if any), or the notice address provided in your Optimum contract.

Send your letter by certified mail so you can prove that Optimum received it. In most cases, a company like Optimum has 30 days from receiving your letter to finish a reasonable investigation and send you the results. If they agree that you’re right, then they have to notify the credit bureaus (like Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion) to delete the information!


Contact the three major credit bureaus (Transunion, Equifax, Experian):

If you don’t trust Optimum to fix your issue on their own, federal law also requires the credit bureaus to investigate information reported as inaccurate. The credit bureaus will investigate your Optimum Collections Dispute by reporting it to the original company, so reporting to the Optimum Collections Department and the credit bureaus will increase your odds of getting results.

To report your Optimum Collections dispute to the credit bureaus, use the following links: Transunion customer service click here, Experian customer service dispute click here, and Equifax customer service dispute click here. In most cases, the credit bureaus are responsible for sending you an outcome of their investigation within 30 days of your submission.


Make a legal claim against Optimum through consumer arbitration:

If Optimum’s collections department and the credit bureaus refuse to correct the issue, you can continue to dispute the issue by filing a consumer arbitration against Optimum and contesting the negative information in a hearing.

Know your rights:

If you do not receive the result of a Optimum Collections Department investigation within 30 days of informing the company, you may be entitled to up to $1000 in damages under the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act.

Best of the Best. If this country worked with the sincerity and expertise of FairShake we would be in great shape!

Stocksy_txpd2fb379aCMc200_Medium_1013152 Allie, real FairShake customer

They got more done in a few weeks than I did in over two years.

jonas-kakaroto-KIPqvvTOC1s-unsplash John, real FairShake customer

I can’t say enough good about this company! They are really a light for us in a very hard time.

Mark Mark, real FairShake customer

Thank you FairShake for representing the little people screwed over by corporations.

Stocksy_txpd2fb379aCMc200_Medium_1016567 Amanda, real FairShake customer

I was having problems with the company for months. That you could make it resolved in a few days is wonderful.

eye-for-ebony-nOHn3pIyPaw-unsplash Marisol, real FairShake customer

It's not right what Big Business can get away with if we let them. People need to know someone is out there to help!

Stocksy_txpd2fb379aCMc200_Medium_670432 Virgil, real FairShake customer

FairShake helps put the power and money back in your hands

Take Action